Want to see what our therapists have been up to at home in lockdown? Need some inspiration to improve your at home skin care routine? Give our latest blog a read, where our girls have given us an insight into their favourite products, starting today with Jessica...
Jessica: Espa Pink Hair & Scalp Mud Shine
"Pink hair and scalp mud saving my life right now in lock down. Nourishing my split ends and hair whilst I can’t get to a hairdresser. Also been using it as a face mask once -twice a week for a pick me up. An amazing product which I love. Hydrating my skin xxx"
This product can be used in wet or dry hair. You can use it after washing your hair with Espa's Purifying Shampoo & Nourishing Conditioner, or you can put it straight into your dry hair and wash it out after an hour or keep it in overnight.
1) Take a generous scoop (dependent on your hair length) of your Pink Hair & Scalp mud.
Jessica is using her product on dry hair. She takes the mud and moves it through the ends of her hair, making sure to get all of the hair covered in the mud.
2) Following this, take some more of the mud from your pot and comb it through the top of your hair, using your fingers to run it deep through the roots.
3) Now the relaxing part... Using all ten fingers massage the product into your scalp, as Jessica demonstrates in the video.
Use this time to relax and reflect on how your scalp feels.
4) Once the mud is evenly distributed and massaged deeply into the scalp twist your hair and tie it up into a bun. No need to wash it out straight away, you can keep it in overnight and wash it out in the morning, or you can wash it out on the same day after letting it rest for a while.
And voilá, an easy and relaxing way to strengthen and maintain healthy hair, giving it an extra shine.
Want to get even more out of Pink Hair & Scalp Mud?
Jessica says "Try using it on your face as well, as a face mask, it’s a great pick me up if your skin is feeling like it needs a good nourish. It also gives you a nice glow."
Step by step:
1. I normally cleanse and exfoliate
2. Whilst the skin is slightly damp and warm, I pop the mask on leave it for 10-15 mins
3. Then I wash off with a hot cloth.
4. It works best combined with refining skin polish as then it’s nourishing fresh skin as you’ve got rid of the dead skin with the skin polish.
How about a top up before we move on...
Next up, Ellie detailing how she uses her Pro-Cleanser to maximize its benefits and obtain a healthy glow!
Ellie: Espa Optimal ProCleanser Glow
"Espa's Optimal 3-1 ProCleanser keeping me glowing through lockdown. I use this everyday as my main cleanser as it gently exfoliates my skin removing the dead and dull skin cells. I leave it on as a mask twice a week to give me that extra boost. It is definitely my favourite product.XX"
#1 Make sure to use warm water to wet your face before applying the cleanser - too hot or too cold can often be too harsh on your skin.
#2 Massage the cleanser into your face using circular motions, on your cheeks, forehead & jawline. Don't forget your neck and décolletage!
#3 Be gentle! No need to scrub at your face when cleansing your skin, the beads in the cleanser naturally and gently exfoliate the skin
#4 Keep massaging until the beads in the cleanser have dissolved
#5 You can either use a warm muslin cloth or mitt to wipe the cleanser off your face. Rinsing your face with warm water is also fine.
Stay tuned to read more articles about how are girls are keeping their skin healthy and staying relaxed during lockdown. Check out our next blog where Jessica has tested out some of the Modern Alchemy Range!
Stay safe & look after one another x